Living rooms can be tricky spaces to decorate. You want them to be both comfortable and stylish, but it can be hard to know where to start.
Here are seven tips for designing your living room interior
1) Start with a focal point: Whether it’s a beautiful fireplace or a stunning view out the window, choose one focal point and build your design around that.
2) Make use of color: A bold color scheme can help make a living room feel cozy and inviting. Choose colors that reflect your style and taste.
3) Add layers: Texture is key when it comes to living room design. Use lots of different fabrics and materials to create visual interest.
4) Make it personal: It doesn’t matter if you’re designing the interior of your dream home or just making some small changes to an existing room. When you decorate, make it personal. Choose things that are special to you and reflect your interests.
5) Let your space breathe: It’s easy to get carried away when decorating. Don’t cram your living room with so much stuff that it becomes overcrowded. Let your furniture and decor have some breathing room.
6) Stay practical: If you’re going to use your living room for watching TV or entertaining guests, make sure there’s room for all of your equipment.
7) Stay on budget: When it comes to decorating on a budget, the most important thing is to avoid going overboard. Don’t buy things you’re never going to use or spend hundreds of dollars on a throw pillow. Keep it simple and stay realistic about what you can spend.
Interior design is a highly subjective matter, as what one person prefers may not be what another does. Some people prefer the starkness of modern design, while others are more comfortable with a traditional style. Some enjoy cluttered, busy interiors while others prefer an uncluttered feel.
The Montdor Interior team loves working on projects that make homes beautiful. We hope you enjoyed reading about our services and how we can create a space where your family will love to live! If you’re interested in learning more, please contact us today for a no-cost consultation.
Don’t Forget to Check: Choosing the Right Wall Finish for your Luxury Interior